Presbyterian Support Otago has benefited from design input for its publications.
Motivated by their Christian heritage, and in partnership with others, Presbyterian Support Otago works across the generations for positive change, strong families and healthy communities. The services they provide include:
- Enliven, services for older people
- Family Works, social services supporting individuals, families, young people and children in need
- Foodbank, emergency food parcels for people in need
- Shop On op shops, clothing and collectibles shops offering great value and hidden treasures
- Youthgrow, retail garden nursery and youth development programme
- Ross Cafe, serving delicious sandwiches, light meals and great coffee
Kristofer Feliciano, a final year Communication Design student, opted for an internship with Presbyterian Support Otago in 2018.
"I got to experience what it is like to work in a proper workplace environment. This was two months long and I was responsible for redesigning several things for them."
The projects which Kristofer worked on for Presbyterian Support Otago included the 2018 annual report, the Spring 2018 magazine, and resource booklets. These provided him with a great opportunity to apply his ideas and skills to diverse formats and situations, while also providing a fresh perspective for Presbyterian Support Otago and fulfilling what they wanted and needed.